Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest."

So I have alot on my mind right now. Its not a bad thing, but it can be cumbersome.
There are times when I see something in front of me, whether it be a creek crossing that I need to power through on my bike....or something bigger in the scale of life. I can either psyche myself out and talk myself out of it, or I can clip in, pedal and get up the other side. What's the worst that can happen? I fall down? Get scraped up? Bruise my tailbone (or crack it...I don't know, but it hurts like a MOFO!) Anyways, point is...I don't know unless I try. I could be terribly successful and show off my prowess and grow as a person. But if I don't, can you actually regress in personal growth? Are fear and responsibility always so tenaciously bound? My fear of not being able to take care of my own chit (also part and parcel of being fiercely independent) could be holding me back from trying something new. Is that why I push so violently against any group that uses fear to herd their followers? They say that you hate things in others that you tend to have in your own personality. Am I asking too many questions? Is there something to be said for "shutup and ride"?

As a side note, I have allowed myself to get so far into my head that I actually am wearing my undies inside out because I wasn't paying attention when getting dressed this morning. What a way to find out I have too much going on in my noggin.

Sigh.

No comments: