Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Andiamo!



Ah...the commute. Let me tell you how fun it is to go 17 miles (give or take a few) on a snazzy Vespa to get to work. Now, I am a HUGE fan of listening to music...but when the music is specifically there to distract me from the strains of commute in a car, well - it kinda negates any positive impact. Riding to work on two wheels engages you in the day and your ability to get from point A to point B. We all get into auto-pilot when we drive to work, right? You can't do auto-pilot on a scooter. You have to be alert and aware and it invigorates you. You might think it would wear you out, but it has the opposite effect on me! I get to work more relaxed and in a way better mood. Hopefully soon I will be able to start riding my bicycle on Fridays. That would rock.

I do find myself speaking Italian while I ride it tho. How weird is that?

Ciao!

Becky

1 comment:

KK said...

Whee is right! Congrats on your new "baby" and enjoy the ride! I loved this post!