Tuesday, June 24, 2008

as Alanis would say, "Isn't it ironic?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080624/ap_on_el_pr/rel_dobson_obama

"I think he's deliberately distorting the traditional understanding of the Bible to fit his own worldview, his own confused theology," Dobson said.

Is this Dobson speaking in the third person about himself? Sadly, no...he is referring to Barack Obama's religious views and comments. I don't know what examples he is using here regarding Obama - but lemme tell you something for free....people have been interpreting and molding and shifting the words (depending on translation) of the Bible for centuries. Where does holier-than-thou-James-Dobson get off saying exactly HOW the Bible should be interpreted? Last time I checked, he has his own bleakly narrow minded views that I don't find consistent with the Word of God. Just my personal opinion, but this narrative is just like any another form of communication - while the intended meaning could be bold and plain as the day to some, it could be interpreted differently based on life experience. James Dobson has always come across as self-righteous and caustic to me in the past, but this just takes the cake. Focus on the Family my ass.

(and he isn't backing McCain - he has his own issues with the "faux-conservative")

No comments: