Thursday, January 24, 2008

Things I love about Dallas - January 2008

I have decided that every month I am going to blog about something I love in Dallas. I have so many friends who spit fire and an irritating amount of vinegar about how horrible this city is, and in all honesty, I think they just need to sit back and look at all the great things the city has to offer. Every city has it's downsides, but Dallas has many upsides to it...and you don't have to look that hard.

So, for January, I want to highlight one of my favorite things in Dallas.

The Skyline.




I took this picture from the balcony bar at the Belmont while my girlfriends and I were having drinks to celebrate April's birthday. We had a spectacular view of the city from our little perch, and in all honesty...it took my breath away. I know there are better pictures out there...but I can say I took that one. I love how the sun is glinting off the buildings as it sets off to the west. Reunion tower stands in its iconic way and sets off the skyline I have really come to love, and that offers me comfort when I come home and see it. New growth and construction is adding to our skyline everyday, but I still love driving south on 75 to get onto Woodall Rogers and as you come up on the access bridge, you get a great view of the new Music Hall, the new Hunt building, West End...and then the Victory plaza to the north. Dallas is growing, but some things never change - the Mobil Oil Pegasus...the green outlined building...its just greatness.

No comments: