Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rule # 32: Enjoy the Small Things

Last night, I had a myriad of options of things to do. Initially, my plan was to go hang out with my Bacchus Babes, but a late night at work and an out of office assignment kinda derailed that. Bummer, but I am sure my girls understand...and they MIGHT get to see me on the 14th for the bike to Wilhoit's. Just sayin'

Then I thought I might go crash a dinner for some people who were going to be lucky enough to have some AMAZING musicians entertain them. I wasn't going to eat, just stand back and listen to the genius. Weather, work and the call of home persuaded me not to do that. I have to say, the resulting plan worked out well. Although, I am still bummed I didn't get to see it. Sigh.

Final choice: Mike and I made an incredibly delicious meal and watched a very funny movie. He grilled some gorgeous, plump, tasty, tender, juicy chicken breasts. YUM. I sauteed some onion and garlic with spinach...mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Then, he pressure cooked brussel sprouts. Now, I know what you are thinking...."WTF Becky? That doesn't sound awesome!" But you know what...they were INCREDIBLE. We put a couple of pats of salted sweet cream butter over them, lightly sprinkled with salt and pepper, then dove in. OMG. Seriously. These creamy, little, delicate morsels opened my eyes to a world of veggie greatness that I didn't know existed. While enjoying this tremendous culinary feast, we also allowed ourselves to indulge in a little Zombie genius. We rented Zombieland from the Redbox (which we love, btw) and after getting over the initial gruesomeness (yeah, blood gushing, people smacking onto pavements, not child approved)...I allowed myself to settle into the "sprinting" Zombie fest that ensued. I laughed, I giggled, I cringed. Woody Harrleson was AWESOME in this. So, if you are ever in the mood for a ridiculous Zombie-fest, rent it...on the Redbox...and be glad. :) And have some brussel sprouts, yo!


Becky

No comments: