Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's tuesday :)

Just went to the gym on my lunch break. It has been a while since I have done that. Felt good to get a short jog in. Not fast, by any means, but getting in 30 minutes of exercise is a good thing. Hopefully will get in a swim this evening before Mike and I ride our bikes over to Greenville to meet some people for drinks. It is nice having that option. Keeps me from drinking too much. LOL

So, I saw the 5th movie. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Here are just a couple of my observations:
1.) I think they did well casting Tonks, Bellatrix and Luna. Not so fond of Professor Umbridge, although...it might have had more to do with her character being unlikable than her being inappropriately cast.
2.) I didn't cry when Sirius died, I sorta got choked up earlier in the film when he spoke with Harry about being a "proper family" when all of this was over. That one did me in a bit.
3.) Alan Rickman continues to breathe life into the character of Snape. So much speculation about where his loyalties lie...and yet, there is something about Snape you have to love. )(it might be that dark, mildly goth corner of my mind that just digs guys that wear long black cloaks and have shaggy black hair framing their fantastically pale skin - come on.... a little Trent Reznor-ish action going there
4.) Ginny has her eye on Harry. :) I was happy to see that the director included subtle scenes where Ginny checks up on what Harry is doing or who he is talking to. Laying the groundwork for future movies where the two start to come together...it really adds another level of interest in the lives of our characters.
5.) I am glad they left out alot of the house elf crap. It just bored me to tears.
6.) I loved the scenes at the Ministry of Magic...excellent action shots! It actually looked like I imagined it would.
7.) Dumbledore vs Voldemort. Great fight scene. Ralph Fiennes has really taken the role of Voldemort and made it his own. He just oozes evil. Fantastic.

Now all we have to do is wait ever so patiently for the book to arrive. Sigh. :)

No comments: