Thursday, July 12, 2007

well since I am not busy...

Let's talk hockey.
Recently received in my email is an "Unfiltered Letter from Dallas Stars President Jim Lites" - http://sdm3.com/viewmsg.cfm?n163s564c2440226t572

Now, I have to admit (and with great shame) that I have been out of the loop when it comes to off-season trades and the shape that our team is taking before the puck drops in preseason. However, I am really now increasingly curious as to what prompted Jim Lites to send out such an email. Someone said something to generate a very defensive and "must stand up for ourselves" attitude from Jimmy Boy.

From the little bit I have gathered so far...I am only really disheartened by the loss of Syd. Darryl Sydor has been one of my favorite players for some time and him moving on really does make me want to pick up a bottle and drink the sorrows away. Having said that, he isn't a deal killer. Losing Zubie. That would be a deal killer. Losing Jere (kiitos Jere), I would have to seriously rethink donning that green jersey in my closet. I dunno...I need to get back in touch with my inner hockey fan. I am really looking forward to the coming season. HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY!!!!

No comments: