Friday, February 26, 2010

Oh geez, eh?

First of all...congrats to the Candadian Women's hockey team. Shutting out the US is a big deal...cause frankly, our team rocks. But you did good, and we congratulate you.

With some of the insanity surrounding the Olympics, I am reminded of a line from one of my favorite movies…Return to Me.


Joe Dayton: [screaming at his family] Will everyone just calm
down! For the love of God and all that is holy, calm the hell down!

There is the uproar and opinion over the Canadian Women’s Hockey Team boozing it up on the ice after their win against the seemingly unstoppable American women’s team. Oh lighten up, eh?! The only thing people should really be offended about there…is that some of them were drinking Coors Lite! This blog has some great pics and commentary. I dunno...I guess I think the IOC and people in general get all riled up about stupid stuff, like how people choose to celebrate an unbelieveable athletic achievement. (ahem...Shaun White) Seriously, I wish people would just "calm the hell down".

When you start deciding how others can express their joy or their pride, then you might as well just get rid of all personal expression and liberty.

Just my $0.02, but hey...what do I know?

1 comment:

trishka said...

Return to Me is one of my favorite movies, I cry evertim I watch the scene were the dog won't leave the front door.