Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I think I'll try....defying....gravity...

In every situation, we are given options.
Currently, my situation involves knowing that I have to make some pretty big moves in my new office. Not necessarily leaving moves...but more along the lines of grabbing the reins and garnering control. This is not me being a power hungry bitch. I swear. I simply know that if things continue to roll the way they are, it will be a cluster fuck of gargantuan proportions. I am actually not working directly for the lender I am "stationed" at. Essentially, by all standard definitions, I am a worker bee employed by an attorney to close/fund/draw docs/ship. Unfortunately, when worker bees don't have leadership...they usually don't succeed. My type A personality is pretty deeply ingrained anyways, so just succumbing to blind bumbling around doesn't suit me. The issue I need to let go of (for the time being, at least) is the frustration at being paid like a worker bee - but knowing that I need to step up the game to make it work. There are pro's and con's to every decision. In this decision, I strongly believe the pro's will outweigh the con's - at least for now. I am hoping that I can, in the process of helping this office develop some sort of workable structure, assert my business prowess in a way that will help move me into a more desirable position later.

In the words of Michael W. Smith, "pray for me". :) Ok...I am gonna go read Harry Potter and not think about it for an hour!!!
HUGS
Beckbee

No comments: