Sunday, June 10, 2012

Steak in a bowl...

Mike is making our main dish this evening - aptly named "Steak in a Bowl". This was inspired by a recent trip to California (where we had a friggin blast with Deb and Rich) and saw how much tri-tip those Californians consume. Having heard of the incredible tri-tip my husband has made previously (previously = before we were married apparently), I began to drop not-so-subtle hints about the need for him to make some for us! Lucky for me, we recently found a great cut of meat - and he decided it was time to share this awesomeness. I am so happy! So...we are in the before stages. He has his Weber Kettle started, I made a Black Bean and Corn salad (that I tweaked by adding cherry tomatoes, avocado and cilantro) and we bought a bottle of Broquel Malbec. And now...we wait. Oh! And...it is the True Blood series premiere tonight. Bloody steak and a red wine could be the best pairing for the season opener. What do you think?

1 comment:

Beckbee said...

The tri-tip was AMAZING. True Blood was pretty good too. ;)