Thursday, October 1, 2009

What do you want to do?

It has been a while since I posted on this blog...frankly I don't know if anyone reads this one anymore since it hasn't had any new content in MONTHS...but I thought I would drop a little nugget of bloggy greatness while I have some free time.
Yep, I have free time.
Why?
I got laid off.
"No!" you say.
"Yes!", I indulge.

It was a disappointing realization, but I have to move forward and not get mired down in the irritation, frustration, and overwhelming worry I could be in. Lots of issues, but only one real solution: Keep moving forward.

So...I am re-igniting some network fires to see if I can generate any good job leads. Know of any? Send 'em my way. It is funny, an old boss actually asked me today via email "what do you want to do?".

Well, I want to work and make a living. ;) Here are some strengths and interests so as to help some of you in case you happen to hear of anything...

- I enjoyed recruiting a great deal. I was starting to get into a groove and had some strong placement prospects. I would enjoy continuing in this field, whether focused on health care or possibly even mortgage...if such a role exists.
- I enjoy training. I don't have a certification, but once I master a software system, I am very adept at showing someone else the ropes. I have patience and understanding, and I am able to break it down in non-tech jargon so someone can grasp an idea easily. Again, could really leverage this in mortgage somehow seeing as how I have a strong background in it.
- I love to blog, tweet and facebook. I am a social media junkie and oddly enough, there is a market for that. I can provide fresh content, maintain a relevant and up-to-date stream of news, and keep a network hopping.

That is just part of the whole "what Becky can bring to the table" package. If any of this intrigues you, let me know. I would love to be able to leverage my social ability and my highly organized nature to benefit a company if the company has a culture I can be comfortable in!

1 comment:

Jason Harx said...

Damn! Everybody is getting laid-off but me, and I've been trying for months!