Wednesday, November 5, 2008

how I am feeling right now....

Happy. Happy that the election is over, and happy that Obama was elected. I am also sad, though. I honestly think John McCain is a man who would have fought for this country as president with a servant's heart. While I don't agree with everything he proposes (or his party that seems at odds with itself on the best of days), I think his campaign did him wrong. I think he deserved a better marketing team, a better running mate and a better dose of respect from the American people. I don't want him to be my president right now, but I think he got shafted in many ways. Obama is the right man for the job right now. Our country is not only in need of change, it is in need of a hope over-haul. As a whole, we need to be inspired. We have been living in a dreary world of wars and divisive politics. I don't agree with everything Obama proposes either, but there has to be balance in our government and there has to be a way to give a freshness and new life to an office that represents our nation. His election to the office of President of the United States breaks many boundaries and allows for open discourse on issues that we often brush aside. His election does not end racism, it doesn't mean the war will end when he is sworn in. What it means to me is that the American people are hungry for a new direction and something to get excited about. To me, that is the most exciting part of it all.

No comments: