Wednesday, August 6, 2008

it's wednesday

I don't know why, but today I am really tired. Storms loom in the forecast and clouds hang overhead like they are about to crack open and spill hours worth of rain on us. I don't mind rain, but I do miss riding my scooter.

My eyes feel puffy, and despite my attempts to stave off allergies with a little round generic Claritin pill, my head feels like it has been pumped full of water and the pressure could cause it to burst at any moment...not unlike an overfilled water balloon with a needle pressed lightly against the skin just waiting to pierce.

Heavy Sigh.

Work is not too hectic today, which is a very nice and much needed break from the madness of month end. Aside from the tiredness, havoc my allergies are forcing on me, and the slightly dreary weather - today isn't too bad. Cheryl is doing well. Baby Dane is doing well. I have a job. I have a wonderful boyfriend. I have a cat and a dog. My car runs. I can afford to put gas in it. I can afford to buy lunch if I deem that leftover chicken sandwich unsavory. I have a trip to look forward to on my horizon...and in less than 10 days, I will catch it. At work, I have a window to look out of all day...and it faces a tree that is frequently visited by squirrels and birds.

I think tonight, I might try and go see Cheryl and David and the new baby. Won't stay long, of course, but I want to swing by and nuzzle the little baby cheeks. Adult cheeks are quite as nuzzle-able as a newborn babies, are they? And they are always soft and smell like baby powder. I hope Cheryl gets to go home today...I know she is ready to be in her own place with her own things about her. Starting this chapter of her life with David and Dane. I am very excited for her. She is gonna be a terrific mama.

Ok...well, I have a new file to work on. I hope you all have a great day and get to hug someone...cause, it really is greatness.

e-hugs,

Becky

No comments: