Tuesday, November 27, 2007

blah blah blah... :)

After nearly a month of sporadic working out, can't get motivated and unbearably out of shape laziness...I finally dragged my fluffy ass to yoga last night. When I am not in a regular schedule (or a somewhat decent facsimile) of working out/playing...I get in this funk. You all know what I mean. I don't have to describe it...I am sure you have all been there. Needless to say, my emotional, physical and spiritual health have all suffered due to my lack of activity over the past few months and I am sick of it. So...I got back on the mat. It was hard. I was out of breath, couldn't hold poses, and hated seeing my somewhat curvier reflection in the mirror when I was in any bending positions (where the hell did that roll come from????). BUT...I was there. I was doing it. When I finally collapsed into Corpse Pose, I really let myself melt into the floor and relax. It's not that hard. Step one, get yoga stuff on. Step two, get on mat. Step three, do the class. Step four, enjoy the strength and openess you just created.
It took me a while to get to the point where I really flowed through that class...and now I feel like a rusty, unfolding lawn chair. I will get back though. Goal - now through Christmas vacation: 2 classes a week at least. More if possible, but at least 2. That is doable.

No comments: