Wednesday, November 14, 2007

and the definition was sh!t....

It is really quite silly that I glean so much of my life's lessons from popular culture. One always reliable, albeit possibly too glossy, source: movie quotes.

Right now the quote that occupies the main living space of my thoughts are:

"When the defining moment comes along, you define the moment...or the moment defines you."

I am painfully aware that right now, there are defining moments all around me. Do I consider them little victories, or when I do less than I had hoped...do I consider them failures? Does each little victory or failure define me? Should I let it?

I guess everyday is a journey and part of the adventure of becoming who I want to be (and possibly who I am supposed to be?) and I should just accept them for what they are.

To be nobody-but-myself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me everybody else means, to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.
– e.e. cummings

Remember the things that you like and love about yourself. Embrace the quirky, acknowledge the weakness, and expose the greatness within.

No comments: